Powered by Blogger.

The Wardrobe | Facets of a Cut | The Straight Skirt: Modern Day Classics

Tuesday, February 18, 2014


With plaid and lace being all the rage the past few seasons people seem to forget that actually both are classics that have been around for decades. Even the idea of pairing them together is not all that new. Think of the beautiful Alexander McQueen dress Sarah Jessica Parker wore to the AngloMania Costume Institute Gala at the Met in 2006.

I've always found the combination unexpected, elegant and mesmerizing. When I saw this gorgoeus plaid fabric in a store I knew exactly what I wanted to make out of it (apart from a dress you'll see later on in another outfit post). I just needed to find the right lace to go with it, which proved to be a harder task. The result was worth the search!

This is the second of three skirts I created using the simple pattern of a straight skirt. However, they are completely different thanks to the different materials I chose for each one. See the first one here: Romantic Nostalgia.



Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment